At soaringusa.com, the ThermicXL  is listed with 81.7 dm squares and
36.7 grams/ dm square.
Can someone tell me what that would be in square feet .

81.7 square decimeters = 1266 square inches.

36.7 grams per square decimeter = 12.0 ounces per square foot.

Eventually I want to figure the wing loading at different all up weights .

1266 square inches = 8.79 square feet.

12 ounces per square foot multiplied by 8.79 square feet = 105 ounces.

The manufacturer must be assuming 105 ounces to get their listed wing loading.

To check wing loadings for different weights you just need to divide your weight in ounces by 8.79 square feet to get your wing loading in ounces per square foot.

Phil