Frederick Grose wrote:
On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 8:41 AM, Thomas C Gilliard <satel...@bendbroadband.com <mailto:satel...@bendbroadband.com>> wrote:

    QUESTION:
    Do I need the modified_livecd-iso-to-disk script with this new
    version to be on the USB?

No, SugarClone has it bundled in itself, but after running SugarClone, it will leave a copy of modified_livecd-iso-to-disk in the root
directory of the device (or in /mnt/live of the LiveOS image.)

    ONE PROBLEM on Acer Aspire One:
    "Turns out the SD adapter uses the PCIe bus"
    and is not recognized by Sugar or your Scripts
    SD only is seen if mounted in a Lexar SD to USB adapter....

    Can this be fixed, is it worth it, as SD cannot boot anyway?

    * On a EeePC900 with the same USB and SD the SD is seen and the
    script(s) work.

Send me the output of the attached script when run on the computer
with the PCIe bus.
ACER Aspire ONE
250 GB HD
Dual Boot: W7 Home Premium and Ubuntu 9.10:

Desktop$ ./storageDevices

  bus..vendor..model..device

  pci..ATA..TOSHIBA MK2555GS../dev/sda

>in Ubuntu 9.10 terminal an d in root terminal with card in slot
>(Linux does not see the SD, it may require a driver, it appears in windows 7)

Desktop# mount
/dev/sda7 on / type ext4 (rw,errors=remount-ro)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
none on /sys type sysfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
none on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw)
none on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw)
none on /sys/kernel/security type securityfs (rw)
udev on /dev type tmpfs (rw,mode=0755)
none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,noexec,nosuid,gid=5,mode=0620)
none on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
none on /var/run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,mode=0755)
none on /var/lock type tmpfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev)
none on /lib/init/rw type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,mode=0755)
none on /proc/fs/vmblock/mountPoint type vmblock (rw)
binfmt_misc on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev) gvfs-fuse-daemon on /home/robert/.gvfs type fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon (rw,nosuid,nodev,user=xxxx)

Tom Gilliard
satellit

      --Fred