Christoph Derndorfer wrote:
On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 12:01 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <to...@sugarlabs.org> wrote:

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 17:54, Christoph Derndorfer
<christoph.derndor...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 2:27 AM, Gary Martin <garycmar...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
On 2 Aug 2010, at 06:07, Christoph Derndorfer
<christoph.derndor...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 9:23 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <to...@sugarlabs.org>
wrote:
On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 21:06, Christoph Derndorfer
<christoph.derndor...@gmail.com> wrote:
Okay, we just discovered that it's apparently just my pendrive (8GB
Cruzer)
that's not showing up on the details view's copy-button palette.

One way or another I think it would make sense to also offer such a
copy
option on the Journal list view itself as else copying multiple files
from
the Journal to a pendrive would be royal pain.
I actually thought we had such an entry in that palette.
Yeah, that's what I had thought as well but since it's neither on my
XO-1
(using 321py) nor on my XO-1.5 (build 206) I'm assuming that such a
palette
indeed doesn't exist.

Yea just looked at build 767 (Sugar 0.82.1) vs. build 300py (Sugar
0.88.1). Both have a Copy menu item in the Journal hover palette, but it
is
only for copying to the clipboard, unlike the details view Copy icon
that
has a secondary menu function (when a USB device is inserted) for
copying to
the USB.

How much effort would it be to add such an copy-to-USB option to the Journal
hover palette? Is this something I could do with the help of my knowledgable
flatmate Mr. Innocenti?

Interestingly 0.88.1 is not showing the nice USB icon in the
details Copy menu that you get in 0.82.1 (there's just a blank space
where
the little USB icon would be).
Yeah, I've also noticed that this icon seems to have gone MIA at some
point.

This should also be easy to fix I assume, right?

I must admit the details view Copy to USB feature always seemed rather
well hidden/unexpected to me. I've always just gone for the drag'n'drop
from
the main Journal view, though likely due to my long term Mac exposure.
Interesting, to me it's the other way 'round because in Sugar I generally
expect more options to be hidden in the palettes whereas drag'n'drop is
something that I had never used in Sugar before.

(Out of curiosity: Where else in Sugar is drag'n'drop available?)
I've personally taken care of making content draggable in Browse,
Write and the Journal, though it may have regressed since. Also,
most/all text fields should be dnd-enabled and I think Etoys uses it
extensively as well.

Ah, thanks for the heads-up. I guess I'll keep my eyes open for dnd stuff
over the coming days:-)

I use drag and drop for installs of .xo applications on 2nd stick to journal all of the time. Works great.

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Soas_V4/ASLOxo_Activity_Test_Table#Test

Tom Gilliard
satellit
Christoph