The senior scholars of Social Credit on this list are
quick to deny any suggestion that the policy
aspiration at issue is utopian.  These denials
typically invoke an interpretation of Utopia that,
although widespread, is distorted—a bit like the
vulgar concept of Social Credit as the funny money
party.  It is true that twentieth century
dictatorships have been linked to early promises of
utopia and that “utopian” in common parlance often
implies “hopelessly unrealistic”, but neither of these
catches the original meaning of the word as a place
that doesn’t (yet) exist.

This point is only worth making in the current context
because the concept of Utopia as detailed by Thomas
More has striking parallels to the description of
Social Credit that has been presented to us here.
>From what I have seen so far, I believe that More’s
classic could serve as a very useful “laboratory” for
Social Credit thought experiments and, beyond that, as
an expository instrument.  I have prepared a
systematic presentation that lends itself to this
perspective in
http://cog.kent.edu/lib/WildeAdlerPartOne.htm
and in
http://cog.kent.edu/Author/Author.htm

The second of these two sites will get you a list of
authors.  Scroll down and select  Morgan, N.S.  You
will get a paper titled “Thomas More’s Utopia: Hail
and Farewell”.  I wrote an introduction for the
article (translated from French) which relates the
text to subject matter of the kind we are interested
in.  The author’s work was cited the handbook for
major displays of Utopist literature and More’s legacy
organized jointly by the National Library of Paris and
the New York Public Library in 1999 or 2000.

=====
Please address return mail to me at:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]