On Sunday 23 February 2003 11:07, Wally Klinck wrote:
> Wally comments in reply to Sue's questions and observations:
> I would sincerely suggest that before you engage in all sorts of
> speculations and imaginings about Social Credit that you do a thorough
> reading of authoritative Social Credit literature--with priority given
> to the works of the late Major Clifford Hugh Douglas's books and essays.
>  This would allow you to understand the subject from its foundations and
> to draw conclusions based upon knowledge of fact rather than uninformed
> speculation.  It would permit you to get to the core of the subject and
> save much wasted time and effort on your part.
-------------------------------------

I wouldn't interfere with the functions of this list even if I had the power
to do so, but I do find that a lot of time is taken talking about 'who said
what' when I really think that is irrevelant. What is important is whether
the idea put forward is plausible, workable, necessary, and therefore worthy
of pursuit. I don't think we all have to be schooled in the nuances of what
Maj Douglas really said or had in mind, neither are we hooked by the term
Social Credit unless it describes something logical and understandable which
can be implemented.

In the same way, I am an ardent Christian, but I don't put forward ideas
because 'Jesus said it.' I put forward ideas because they seem to me to be
universally true. I suppose what I am looking for is for some one who will
say "I have given this a lot of thought, and this is what I have come up
with.' That would be refreshing. I believe that all the understanding
necessay for that to be done has already been aired on the list since I
joined it not so long ago, so where does the learning end and the action
begin?

Someone ended a post to the list with the wirds 'Keep it simple.' I believe
this is what we need, because people survived quite well in cultures before
the complicated government and finacial systems evolved under able hands of
empire-builders and global traders. Much of that simplicity I see buried deep
in (under) the learning revealed here. Can we have it brought out in its
simplest forms?

I fear that someone oneday will ask me to sit down and be quiet, but until
that happens, I will have to 'prophesy' what I have to 'prophesy.'

Jessop.