1.  We have to understand that Wells was an extremely inventive
        "borrower" of knowledge

2.  For example, it is most likely that the wonderous 4 volume set
        called "Outline of History" mainly came from a woman who
        sent a manuscript to MacMillan in London.

        It is said, while MacMillan turned down the manuscript, that
        most of it "leaked" to Wells.

        There was a law suit against Wells, but, imagine culminating
        an inter-country law suit, when the person in Canada is most
        likely much less able to afford counsel than Wells

3.  So, I don't care what Wells said in the "Science of Life" -- I have
        looked through that and am convinced that Wells' one course under
        Aldous Huxley would have been insufficient to produce this work.

        As he "borrowed" with the Outline of History, he also put his
        name "first" on a number of things that were also borrowed

4.  As for Work, Wealth and Happiness" -- the volumes I have are boxed, so
        I cannot speak directly.

        However, if we accept that, without mathematical formulism, that a
        person can be an "economist" -- then, I will surely agree that Wells
        was well enough versed in matters of finance, to so label him an
        economist.  I think I said this in the last note.

All that said, he was prodigious, and I greatly admire him.

Regards,

Curtiss Priest
--

           W. Curtiss Priest, Director, CITS
      Center for Information, Technology & Society