<**>Admittedly, the social [crediters'] program does
not entail a 100% subsidy.<**>
--------------------
In 1920s and 30s social credit propaganda the subsidy
was generally portrayed as an anti-inflation measure,
which it indeed is, because it effectively lowers
prices that consumers would otherwise have to pay.
The theoretical argument for the subsidy is more
sophisticated and abstract analytically.

When the individual saves he is purchasing from his
income something other than goods and services for
his personal consumption.  In the broad model he is
purchasing "investments" which will prospectively
bring him future income.  That future income is
income that is "unearned" as opposed to income that
is "earned."  He isn't saving in any physical sense
nor is the community as a whole saving in any
physical sense.  The relationship is contractual
between creditors and debtors.  It is however true
that much debt will masquerade as equity.

Looking at the economy in statistical whole, the
steady state condition is where the saving from
current income (earned and unearned) by those who are
saving equals the spending from past income by those
who are spending.  In such a condition effective
demand equals income.

Furthermore, in steady state income equals the
accounted for costs of production of goods flowing
into final consumption at the point of retail.

Dropping money into such a situation would be purely
inflationary and completely senseless.

But--

If spending from past income is falling in respect to
saving from current income, effective demand is
falling in respect to the costs of production flowing
to the point of retail.
--

Do you follow the argument so far?  If you don't
there's no point in continuing because step by step

In the steady state condition as described before the
"but," social credit would recommend a *zero* subsidy
because anything else would impact the general
economy negatively--exactly as you and your
colleagues say.

In a situation in deviation from steady state as
described after the "but," social credit would
recommend a subsidy that would allow the costs of
production to equal effective demand plus the
subsidy.