Dear Teachers,

To take your mind of the examination pressures, from KOER this week, we
have three readings ..... for the long weekend, on developing a critical
perspective on ICT....

We have been reading about Facebook and Cambridge Analytica misusing our
personal information to manipulate our behaviour!!! this is a great danger
to democracy ... these articles discuss the cause and effects of this
phenomenon ...

Critical understanding of ICT
--

on

http://karnatakaeducation.org.in/KOER/en/index.php/Digital_literacy

Like any new technology, ICT too can be hyped up, and we may see it as a
panacea or silver bullet that can solve all our problems in education.
However, such hype/ perspective can be quite harmful and dangerous. The
more powerful a tool, the more harmful it could be as well. Hence
developing a critical understanding of ICT is essential, especially for
teachers, who need to foster the same in students. A few readings that can
support such critical understanding:

   1. Five Things We Need to Know About Technological Change
   <http://cs.ucdavis.edu/%7Erogaway/classes/188/materials/postman.pdf>
   (Neil Postman)
   2. Filter bubble <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filter_bubble>, how the
   search engine may be damaging us and our society. (Eli Pariser
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eli_Pariser>)
   3. Internet and capitalism

<https://monthlyreview.org/2011/03/01/the-internets-unholy-marriage-to-capitalism/>
   (John Bellamy Foster
   <https://monthlyreview.org/author/johnbellamyfoster/> and Robert W.
   McChesney <https://monthlyreview.org/author/robertwmcchesney/>)

enjoy reading ....and share your comments....

regards
Guru

IT for Change, Bengaluru
www.ITforChange.net

--
1.ವಿಷಯ ಶಿಕ್ಷಕರ ವೇದಿಕೆಗೆ  ಶಿಕ್ಷಕರನ್ನು ಸೇರಿಸಲು ಈ  ಅರ್ಜಿಯನ್ನು ತುಂಬಿರಿ.