Hi

Synergy has always done good by me. Their modules work very well.
They have done a great job of keeping the "Motorola standard" alive.
The FreeBSD driver works *very* well with their modules.

All of that said the timing products are a bit of overkill for most
NTP applications. A "not so hot" GPS these days will do a
microsecond. A timing receiver gets you into the tens of nanoseconds.
Of course a "broken" GPS will do terribly ....

NTP is doing well at a few tens of microseconds. Most people look to
it as a "millisecond(s)" timing source. Most system designers will go
for a reference that's 5x or 10x better than the system requirement.
Something that does a microsecond should be just fine ....

Bob Camp