I don't know if it's supported under FreeBSD, but I'm finishing NetBSD
suport for the 1,2,4, and 8-port MIport serial cards from B&B
Electronics.  The cards are availabile as either RS-232, RS-422, or
RS-485, and there are non-isolated and optically isolated versions of
the cards.

David

>>> Neal R <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 6/24/2007 11:20 PM >>>

     I've in the process of ripping out every single bit of Cisco gear
we have and when that is done I'm going to start on the networks we
maintain. The only bit I'm having trouble with is the terminal server
role currently filled by Cisco 2509/2511 in the various networks.

     I will admit to a desire to have more than just a terminal server
-
a proper FreeBSD box with several RS-232 ports and at least two
ethernet
interfaces would be an absolute joy. Is there a low power RS-232 card
that would work in the 4801? Where could I get a 1U case that would
fit
such a thing?

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1