Bill,

   The simplest power system for a 4801 is a battery bank.  Connect up has many
gel cells as you have and connect them to a trickle charger.  I have been
running my 4801 from batteries for more than 3 years with no power problems.
I have had other problem like a drive going bad.

   I am very impressed with the service of my 4801.  Pain in the ass to install
the OS, FC5.  The PXE install took 3 hours.  The serial console install is not
very well supported but it did work.

--
William Estrada
[EMAIL PROTECTED]