The documentation in the Net4801 manual says that you can directly feed
+5 into pin 4.  What I'm wondering about is whether I should also feed
+12 into pin 3.

David Dudley

>>> "Poul-Henning Kamp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 1/11/2008 11:38 AM >>>
In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "David Dudley"
writes:

>In a device I'm building, I need to supply DC power directly.  I have
an
>onboard 5v power source, as well as 12v.
>
>Looking at the man it says JP10, Pun 4 is +5 volts.  Does VPWR
provide
>power for anything, and should I power it with +12 (for instance, the
>disk power connectors, the PCI card connector, etc...)?

You should double check with Soren before you feed anything into the
5V
pin, I don't know if the PSU circuits will like that.

You can feed the board on the 12V pin, (same V-range as on the DC
plug) which I belive is _after_ the input protection circuitry, so
JP10 is not reverse polarity protected.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]         | TCP/IP since RFC 956
Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by
incompetence.

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
X-GWTYPE:USER