On Tue, 29 Jan 2008, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> Ahh, hang on, somebody misunderstood something.
>
> The PC87366 numbers it's gpio pins in octal: GPIO23 is bit 3 in the
> second group of GPIO pins.

Aarrgghh!  I apologize for wasting everyones time with my confusion.

Here is the pine numbering of the GPIO port on the 5501 (and 4801),
with the IO port bit numbers in DECIMAL.  This took me over an hour to
figure out (I waste my own time even more effectively).  I agrees
perfectly with the 4801 manual, except the manual uses the
nomenclature from the 83766 chip, which is in OCTAL:

  1 +3.3V      2 +5V
  3 io16       4 io17
  5 io18       6 io19
  7 io20       8 io21
  9 io22      10 io23
11 GND       12 io4
13 io5       14 GND
15 io11      16 io10
17 GND       18 rxd
19 txd       20 GND

Again, I'm sorry to spread confusion.

--
Ralph Becker-Szendy    [EMAIL PROTECTED]               (408)395-1435
735 Sunset Ridge Road; Los Gatos, CA 95033