On 2008-05-22, Georgios Tsarpalis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just bought a net5501 and I'm trying to install OpenBSD 4.3 on it
> without success. I follow the standard pxeboot procedure as described in
> the documentation, but the serial connection just seems to hang whenever I
> type the "set tty com0" command. If I simply try to boot the kernel image
> will load but there is no output after that. Any ideas?
>
> This happened both with cu and screen using a thinkpad with openbsd and
> ubuntu.

Until a couple of weeks ago the boot loader accessed the serial port
hardware via the BIOS, which isn't working on this board unless you have
the modem control lines wired up in your null-modem cable.

Try a -current snapshot, the boot loader has been rewritten to access
the port directly.

Alternatively if you *really* don't want to run -current, you can
pull just the boot loader from a snapshot, but it's simpler to just
use the whole thing.