On 2008-06-10, Chris Babcock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have tried many different models and brands of non-industrial flash,
> and there seems to be significant differences in what ATA capabilities
> different cards have.  In practice, the vendors don't seem to include
> the ATA interface differences in their benchmarks, and the ATA
> capabilities can make a significant difference in performance.  I have a
> Lexar card here that is supposed to be a 300x card and a SanDisk that is
> a 200x card, and the SanDisk performs about 20% faster despite the
> difference in "official" speed.  (Note: Lexar cards _SUCK_ on Soekris
> because they don't honor CS in any sane way)

Yes really, use SanDisk. All the 2GB+ and all recent 1GB have
multi-sector I/O transfers, this improves performance a lot.
And they reset correctly, that's a big help if you have to use
them in a system built using the old CF spec, it saves forcing
the OS to disable DMA, and also helps this problem on the
Soekris boards.