On 2008-06-11, Chuck (Doc) Beaudette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> When I replaced the 4801 with a new 5501, the throughput between the Cisco
> 2640 and the Soekris router dropped to next to nothing. We tried several
> different configurations (Auto negotiate, fixed 100mb Full-Duplex, etc.),
> nothing seemed to make any difference. Finally, we put a Netgear switch
> between the Cisco 2640 and the Soekris 5501 which cleared the problem. The
> 2640 is an older swtich, so the next option is try an upgrade to a 2660
> switch then see if we can connect the Soekris directly.

Which OS/version? There is a bug in auto negotiation order in some
PHY drivers based on FreeBSD (now fixed there) that affects cisco
3550 and maybe it also affects others.. (actually the problem only
happens with a combination of a bug in the PHY driver and a cisco
bug).  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=92599