A lot depends on the bandwidth you are planning on using inside the VPN. I'm
using a 4801 with pfsense, running openvpn, and a few tunnels to access some
RDP sessions while I am away from home work great.

Sustained network traffic of a couple of MBit/s is a bit more troublesome,
in my experience.

Greets,

Nils

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 1:22 PM, Kenneth Fribert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>  Hi All
>
> Being brand new to the world of soekris, I'm sort of stumbling around in
> the dark, and I hope somebody can enlighten me :-)
>
> I'm considering 5501-70 board for use here in Lynge at our mainsite.
> We in the IT department would probably like to have a VPN connection to the
> site.
> So the question is, will the 5501-70 be tough enough to handle a few VPN
> connections, or do we need to add the vpn1411, and will the vpn1411 even
> work with VPN in pfSense (IPsec <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPsec>,
> OpenVPN <http://openvpn.net/>)?
>
> Best regards
> Kenneth

Simple guidelines to happiness:
Work like you don't need the money,
Love like your heart has never been broken and
Dance like no one can see you.