Hi everyone.  Over the years, there has been much talk about network
performance of various Soekris models.  I think it might be
interesting to post some standardized results based on agreed-upon
metrics and test cases.

I currently have access to layer 2-3 and layer 4-7 test gear.

if we can gather measurement requirements on the wiki at
http://wiki.soekris.info, I am willing to put the effort in to get the
tests performed.

On the hardware front, I'd need test units (they'd be returned after
the tests are performed).

On the software side, we'd need to agree on a set of OSes and configs
as well as defining a test suite.  I can stub out some sample test
cases on the wiki, but I'll need the community to complete the list.

Also, please let me know if you think this is a worthy use of time and
resources, or if you think it's a complete waste of time.  If anyone
from Soekris would like to chime in, what types of tests might you
like to see?

Thanks!

-Andy