it would be interesting to get comparisons to 486, and original pentium
optimizations too, to see if these fancy options are worth the effort and time
at all.

Maxim Khitrov [mkhit...@gmail.com] wrote:
> 2009/4/23 Alexander Vyrlanovich <iskan...@apple-park.kiev.ua>:
> > CPUTYPE=k6-3 in make.conf on my net5501 (FreeBSD 7.1)
>
> Yep, I think this is the best option until gcc is updated. I ended up
> trying to build world with CPUTYPE=athlon and on first boot was
> greeted by a bunch of "exited on signal 4" and "Illegal instruction:
> 4" messages. Now rebuilding everything with k6-3. I still don't know
> if pentiumpro is a better option, maybe I'll do some benchmarks later
> on.

"I'm not aware of any specific concerns," Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman
said, according to Reuters. Whitman added he was speaking generally and not
talking about specific incidents.