I seem to be being effected by the issue mentioned in this thread:

  http://lists.soekris.com/pipermail/soekris-tech/2008-June/014566.html

on a box which I recieved a few days ago.  The box seems to have
shipped with 'BIOS 1.33 07/01/03'

I wondered if a later BIOS than what I have might address the problem.
 I see a 1.33c as being available, but the only details I can find so
far are here:

  http://www.soekris.com/software/changelog.txt

and at the time I write this, 1.33c does not seem to be mentioned.

My questions are:

  * Does anyone have more information on this (purported) bug?
(confirmations of it's existence, loader patch details, etc?)

  * Is there a place where I can find more information on the comBIOS details?

---

For what it's worth, I have only dealt with Soekris boxes by building
a base OS (always FreeBSD) onto a hard drive using a different host,
then the booting Soekris from it.

I found a (very silly) error that I had made in the OS construction by
having my terminal program log a file, then looked at the file.  That
is to say, even though the loader output was not visible due to this
bug, I was able to understand the immediate problem by this method.

Thanks,

 - Tom