Howdy,
  I see used Soekris 4521 boards being offered reasonably often.
Someone on this list even commented that they had a whole pile of them,
although I never heard back when I asked for details.  The
specifications for the 4521 say it has 16-64 Mbyte SDRAM.  I have 3 of
these now and they do work well for me.  I believe I will be in a
position to use several more of these soon, but only want ones with 64
meg.  I have never seen one of the ones with less memory in person.  Is
there some quick way I can identify how much memory the board has?  I
want to be able to ask the seller to check whatever characteristic.  I
think most of the sellers I have run across are not technical and are
just handling used merchandise, so I need something simple, if possible.
  There is a new group starting in Dallas to experiment with and teach
about embedded computers.  I am looking for inexpensive hardware to
teach with and that is where I thought the 4521 would work well.
Good day,
Ralph Green, Jr.