Howdy,
 I installed it to a CF card.  I got it almost running on a Soekris
4521.  It ran, but crashed because the 4521 does not have enough memory.
I currently run pfSense from a CF card on a non-Soekris box with 124 meg
of ram.  It is a geode design that take 4 meg for video ram, even though
there is no video.  It works fine.  I would have bought a Soekris, but I
found someone tossing a bunch of these prior model Checkpoint routers
and repurposed one.  I downloaded the x86 image, did a dd to the CF
card, and booted up.  You have to be connected to the serial port of the
computer you are booting pfSense on to do the initial configuration and
then it is all by web.  The charts in pfSense are great, but I am still
deciding if I like it better overall than IPCop.  My Soekris boxes will
soon be fancy wireless access points, if I can get the software built.
Good luck,
Ralph