Hi

At least with SSD's the MLC's outnumber the SLC's by a very wide margin. Where
I shop it's at least 30:1 in favor of the MLC's. That can put you into a "Joe
No Name SLC" vs a brand name MLC decision.

Next up is price. I'm seeing a 3 to 5X premium for the SLC's. That's a big
jump, and it's not getting any smaller with time.

The question becomes - will a 2X larger name brand MLC outlast a SLC *if* you
never write to the second half of the disk?

With any of them, you need to be sure that the batch you bought has "good"
controllers in it. I can demonstrate controller issues pretty fast.

I know - lots of questions - not a lot of answers ....

Right now I'm on the 2X larger approach. We'll see how it goes.

Bob