Hi,

I'm new to soekris gear, just got one today. So I have a little situation
here when trying to boot from a Hitachi 6GB microdrive. It doesn't show
the disk on post. And I just noticed it shows disk there as I tried using
a Seagate 8GB microdrive instead.

I saw the changelogs http://soekris.com/software/changelog.txt, and saw
nothing on microdrives. I also saw
http://lists.soekris.com/pipermail/soekris-tech/2008-April/014194.html,
about hitachi 4GB microdrive and net4801, but the advice was about to
update to 1.32 comBIOS. I have 1.33, boot says from 2007.

there is 1.33c, but I found no changelogs on about was changed, and didn't
saw how to update it (just looked in the bios page though).

as I as intended to run FreeBSD on them, and it doesn't like Seagate
microdrives, I just got 5 of 4GB hitachi units :)

does anyone uses those hitachi ? is there any hope ?

thanks for all,

matheus

--
We will call you cygnus,