On that topic, Soren's recent message about BIOS 1.40h said:
> I am preparing the first comBIOS update for the net6501, will fix the
> mptable, enable ht, fix reboot issue, flashupdate command and a couple
> of minor things.
> I have also tested OpenBSD 4.9 and FreeBSD 8.2, those run perfectly fine
> with Hyper-Threading and MSI-X interrupts.

So since Soren is not mentioning 'booting from USB' as part of the list
of new features in 1.40h, I assume that USB boot code is *not* part of
that release yet!

Personally, I am quite interested in the USB boot code, as I was a bit
surprised to find that the SATA drive kit cannot be installed at the same
time as a PCIe card in the net6501 in the standard case, so I need the
USB boot code before I can close the lid on my new 6501-70 since I need
a PCIe USB 3.0 card for my application (NAS).

I know Soren has a lot to do, but here's adding a vote for the USB boot
code!

Regards,

Denis F.