Hello all!
Well, I've had a Soekris Net5501 for quite some time, but to be honest it
hasn't been used all that much. So, today, I decided it was time to pick it up
once again and get it up and running, as I'd like to use it as a network router
with some extra features.
So, I checked out the Soekris Wiki and found this article on installing Debian
Squeeze on Soekris hardware:
http://wiki.soekris.info/Debian_Squeeze_On_Soekris
So, I decided to follow the procedure outlined there, and was able to
successfully boot the Net5501 using PXE, and then connect to it using the
serial console. The Debian installation works just fine, up to the point where
I have to select the hard disk... Because, well, the installer apparently
cannot find any disks connected to the board, though both my 4GB CF card and a
SATA drive are connected and work well with the board. However, no matter what
I try, the installer keeps telling me that no disks are present. I've already
suspected that some controller issues could be responsible for this issue, and
thus booted the board with only the CF card plugged in and the SATA drive being
disconnected. Well, I've had no luck whatsoever with this either, still no
drives... The article in the Soekris Wiki does not mention this issue, and I
have no idea how to go about this. Please, can someone here help me out?
Thanks a lot!!! :-)
Robin