Hello, I have had a shiny new net6501-50 running pfSense (FreeBSD) now for a little over a year. Last week I came home and found it dead with the following output on the console:

cpuid = 0; apic id = 00
fault virtual address   = 0x420
fault code              = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x20:0xc04eb6e9
stack pointer           = 0x28:0xeaeae89c
frame pointer           = 0x28:0xeaeae8b4
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                       = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = 11 (irq259: em1:rx 0)
trap number             = 12
panic: page fault
cpuid = 0
Uptime: 53d1h15m8s
Cannot dump. Device not defined or unavailable.
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on the console to abort
Rebooting...
cpu_reset: Stopping other CPUs

It will not reboot, nor will it enter the comBIOS as far as I can tell. When powered up, the 4 green E0 - E4 LEDs flicker a little then all I get is a solid green Power and red Error LED indication. Nothing comes out of the serial port. I have tried another power supply, I have removed all network connections, I have removed the PCIe serial card, I have even pulled the mSATA flash drive. Nothing changes.

The Net6501 has been in its custom light green box since day one, in a closed, unoccupied, air conditioned room. It has not had anything on top of it. It is still running the version of the comBIOS that it shipped with, which apparently means it was running at 600MHz its whole life.

Is there anything I am missing? Is there any idea on what may be wrong with it? Can I bring it back to life? Or is it time to move on? It has been difficult resurrecting my old 233 MHz Tillamook based firewall from its resting place.

Thanks

Andrew