On 2013-05-15 15:20, Dean Maluski wrote:
I have a Soekris 6501-70.
Running Debian Squeeze off a single SSD drive on board.
Working extremely well with one exception that it doesn't always boot.
It falls to the Grub command.

I've had various problems with various versions of grub and various soekris boxes. At one point I even used a patched version of grub that wouldn't output the "Welcome to GRUB!" message, which was causing the box to hang.

But some time back I switched to grub 2.00-xx (which was until recently in the experimental repository, but has now moved to the unstable repository). Since the switch, I haven't experienced any issues. I would recommend doing this.

Of course, I'm not making any guarantees.  But it's worth a try.

Cheers,
Lon