Am Thu, 27 Jun 2013 11:29:43 +0200
schrieb Lon Willett <x_soek...@lonw.net>:

> On 2013-06-27 09:17, Conall O'Brien wrote:
> > I'm trying to accertain if there are SATA limitations to the net6501
> > board. In particular, I have been attempting to use 2x mSATA SSDs
> > and a 2.5" SATA disk combination on both a net6501-50 and a
> > net6501-70.
>
> I believe that there is only support for 2 SATA devices.  From the
> hardware manual:
>
> J1 -- SATA Port 0 ..., shared with mSATA 0
> J2 -- SATA Port 1 ..., shared with mSATA 1
>
> So you can use either mSATA0 or SATA0, but not both.  And likewise
> with port 1.
>
> /Lon

Well, intersting topic. I've just received my first Soekris net5601-70
- nice device already hosting pfSense in test mode for some days.

I am currently running one CompactFlash on SATA port 0 and a minPCIe
WLAN modul. My question: Should I be careful not to use mSATA port 0
with  a n y  miniPCIe card or just with mSATA cards?

Peter