Hi,

+case_lan1621_board<http://soekris.eu/shop/net4801/net4801_48_board_and_case_lan1621_board_en.html>
> > will
> > support all this traffic ?
>
> The 4801 is very limited and realistically scales up to 4kpps
> to 10kpps depending on the OS.
>
> The pfsense web interface is very heavy and modern versions
> don't even run on boxes like the 4801 due to RAM limitations.
>
> You are better off with a 5501 or 6501 box.

I have been using pfSense on a 5501 and a 6501 with load balancing over
2 ADSL lines. It works quite good. Web access to pfsense interface is
quicker on 6501 device. If you have a lot of connected computer on you
lan, you should use a device with high CPU. It increases WAN access
speed.

I had an issue with the net6501 that deals with faulty SSD drive. Use as
much as possible nanoBSD version and redirect syslog events to an
internal syslog server.

Regards.

Éric Boudrand