Hi Greg,
Hi List,

On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 12:49 PM, Greg Troxel <g...@lexort.com> wrote:
> I have a net5501, and measured that with a 2.5" disk (not ssd) it draws
> about 500 mA at 12V.  I have it connected to several sealed lead-acid
> batteries in parallel, typically a 12Ah and two 7Ah.  These batteries
> are on float charge to keep them at 13.5V when there is AC power from
> the utility.  When the utility power fails, the net5501 continues to
> run, and should last for many hours.

Thank you for sharing your solution. How is the (complete) schematic
for your setup (I saw the fuses and bypass capacitor missing schematic
of phk which uses a similar setup as yours)? Is there also a charge
protecting circuit involved or is the battery charging restricted
(e.g. delta-V)?

And another important question: How can I get it to fit in the rackmount kit?

What is the current state of the onboard NiMH loader? On the homepage
and in the manual is stated, that a 'NiMH battery backup connector
with charge and monitoring' exists, has this been tried yet? If so,
does it work and with what NiMH battery type? Soren wrote in the
aforementioned post about releasing something, would this be hardware
or a software patch of the fpga or kind-a chip upgrade to implement
this battery charging functionality?

Best,
Andreas