From: Mike

I would put a vote in for trying OpenBSD on that box (what I run). Lots of Linux distributions are dropping support for i486 cpus so you have to do some research on that. The last time I tried Freebsd (netboot not image writing) it didn't manage to work correctly and I couldn't get it installed. How were you managing to get USB booting on the 4501 as afaik it doesn't have built in ports?

Mike,

I'm currently using NanoBSD booting from a CF card with an image which was kindly supplied by someone. I could not get USB booting to work, as I thought I had originally written.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-tay...@blueyonder.co.uk