Good afternoon list:

I have a net5501-60 that I pack in my carry on luggage as a hotel
router/access point. The box runs OpenBSD. It's main function is to
connect to the hotel wifi and provide a natted network for all of my
electronic gear (ipads, iPhones, a couple of laptops etc.) It solves
the issue I have with my family of limits to the hotel's wifi when I
travel.

The last time I travelled with this thing I noticed that the first
ethernet port: "Eth 0" or vr0, would not see a signal from either of
the hotels where I stayed. I figured that the port went south and
since there are three others, two of which are unused, I wouldn't
worry about it.

I hooked it up to my network yesterday and since I didn't know what
port it was on, and I hadn't connected to it over the console port, I
tried connecting via the "dead" vr0 port. Imagine my surprise when
that port worked again here at home.

Has anyone seen something like this before: One port on the box
doesn't work in some locations, but works in others?

I'm curious about the cause of this.

Thanks

-- Chris