Hello,

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006, Marc Blanchet wrote:

>  I've ported Asterisk to IPv6 and doing some IPv6 interop tests (to
> fix my implementation...). Using sofia-sip 1.12.3 and sofsip_cli
> 0.12. What I found so far:
> - can register and do invite over Ipv6 to asterisk, but media works
> only over IPv4.

yes, I'm afraid the media subsystem does not quite support IPv6.
But shouldn't be a big task either. Basicly, you'd need to patch:

Basicly you'd need to patch:
  - sofsip-cli/src/ssc_media_fsgst.c:farsight_netsocket_bind_udp_port()
  - either
       - src/ssc_media_fsgst.c:priv_setup_rtpbin()
       - src/ssc_media_gst.c:priv_setup_rtpelements()
  - and pass the media address parameter from signaling (ssc_sip.c)
    to the media object (the params are passed in
    ssc_sip.c:priv_create_ssc_media())

Patches to fix these are very much welcome!

The signaling side should be ok with IPv6. We've also tested the stack
with a proprietary media stack that support IPv6, but never did test with
sofsip-cli.

> sofsip> r
> UA: REGISTER sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:b00:1:1::4] - registering address to
> network
> sofsip> outbound(0x81e26e0): detected NAT: [3ffe:b00:1:2::98] !=
> 3ffe:b00:1:2::98
> UA: unknown event 'nua_i_outbound' (8): 101 NAT detected
>    ::tag_null: 0
>
> the strcmp in libsofia-sip-ua/nua/outbound.c  seems to be flawed in
> not removing the [] before comparing. special case for ipv6 addresses.

This should be fixed now in the devel tree. Thanks for the report!

> B) forcing sofia_sip to use ipv6 and sdp offer is v6, still
> sofsip_cli binds the RTP port on v4:
>
> % sofsip_cli --contact 'sip:[3ffe:b00:1:2::98]:5060' --media-addr
> '3ffe:b00:1:2::98' --proxy 'sip:[3ffe:b00:1:1::4]' 'sip:101@
> [3ffe:b00:1:1::4]'

Yep, this is because of the abovementioned shortcomings. The 'media-addr'
is not currently passed to the media stack, and is only used in SDP
offer/answer. :(

--
  under work: Sofia-SIP at http://sofia-sip.sf.net