Hello,

I now committed a modified version of the patch to darcs, which
has the IP helper support, but is disabled by default: you need
to modify win32/config.h, add iphlpapi.lib and compile.
Could someone verify this works as it should?

On 23 Jan 2007, Michael Jerris wrote:
>From: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa366073.aspx
>
>The IP Helper API is supported on Microsoft(r) Windows(r) 98,
>Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition, on Microsoft Windows
>NT(r) version 4.0 with Service Pack 4, Microsoft Windows 2000,
>Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Windows Server 2003 family.

thanks for looking those up. So it's pretty old stuff. Or in
other words, my devel environment in ancient.

>Header Declared in Iphlpapi.h.
>
>Library Use Iphlpapi.lib.
>
>DLL Requires Iphlpapi.dll.
>

>This api has been around at least as far back as IE5 (and I
>believe in IE4), do you have at least the dll on your system?

Yups, I have the dll, but not the header file. I guess yet another
reason to update my devel environment (vanilla VC6 plus IPv6 SDK)
on win32. Too bad the last VC6-supported platform SDK (feb 2003) is only
available via CD-purchase nowadays (which I'm too lazy to do). I'm now
trying to
find someone who has the CD...

A quick poll, are there any people here that would object deprecating
support for VC6? I mean iphlpapi.h works fine with VC6 if you have
the correct platform SDK, but I'm pretty sure I'm the only one left
using VC6 and if I upgrade, it's not very likely the builds will continue
to work with the compiler in the future...

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Kai Vehmanen), Nokia Research Center