Check out the code in src/mod/endpoints/mod_sofia/sip_reg.c in freeswitch (
www.freeswitch.org) for a good example of sofia nua registration that is
known to work with asterisk.  Please note that when doing auth with asterisk
you need to have the right things in the from so asterisk can patch the peer
properly.

Mike