Hi,

I think the best solution is as follows:

- remove SOATAG_HOLD: Ok, I know that this is not so simple, therefore
we should think about marking it only as deprecated but this will
require more work for the implemenation.

- create a new SOATAG_MODE: with this tag you can change the mode of the
session to every type you want. This will also be used for setting the
media hold... parameter examples:
audio=inactive
audio=sendrecv
audio=sendonly
audio=recvonly

same with video or * for all media's.

Does somebody else have other opinions?

I dont know if the sofia-sip politic side is able to remove the
SOATAG_HOLD but I think this option is not able to implement the
required stuff for changing the media mode to every required state. If
we would only change SOATAG_HOLD to deprecated and add the new
SOATAG_MODE we will have to implement the new functionality but have
take care of not breaking the old SOATAG_HOLD.

Best regards,
Bernhard