On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 12:46 PM, Fan Xing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
>     I had a very simple voip application using sofia_sip and gstreamer.
> However, when I execute the code, the caller can not receive the sound from
> the callee (the configuration on the machine is correct, for example, if I
> run sofsip_cli, it works).
>
>      I studied the code of sofsip_cli and added the initialization of
> gstreamer in my code.
>
>  #if HAVE_GST
>      {
>           guint major, minor, micro, nano;
>           gst_init (NULL, NULL);
>           gst_version (&major, &minor, &micro, &nano);
>           g_message ("This program is linked against GStreamer %d.%d.%d\n",
> major, minor, micro);
>       }
>      #endif
>
>     However, I still do not get the sound.
>
>     What else should be done in the code to make the 'audio' work? The
> complete code is attached below.

Eh eh, it's not that simple, you need to setup all the media system,
initializing gst isn't sufficient.

The libgstreamer developer's guide:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/manual/html/index.html

is an highly recommended reading if you want to understand how the
sofsip_cli media subsystem works.

Regards.