On date Friday 2008-09-05 12:10:10 +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> On 9/5/08, Stefano Sabatini <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have a multithreaded application, and I need to run the sofia-sip
> > event loop not in the main process context, but in the context of a
> > thread.
> >
> > I implemented it this way.
> > I implemented a method Run() which instantiates the thread instance
> > and makes it execute su_root_run(),  and a Stop() method which
> > executes su_root_break() and wait for the thread termination.
> >
> > Unfortunately this apporach seems not to work, as I get this message
> > from the sofia stack:
> > nua(0x8729740): signal r_invite
> > SIPEngineTest: su_base_port.c:322: su_base_port_run: Assertion
> > `su_port_own_thread(self)' failed.
> >
> > and the process gets terminated by the SIGABRT signal.
> >
> > I'm currently stuck with it, can someone help/provide some hint?
>
> Do I need to use the interface defined in su_wait.h?
> I was using the functions provided in another library for managing threading.

Well I read the documentation for su_wait.h but I stll can't figure
out how to use it.

Since there is no way to create explicitly a thread, I think the
nearest think to the thread concept is the task, then I can't see any
reference to mutexes so I have no idea about how synchronization may
work here (mmh well should I use messages for that?).

Please can someone suggest just a simple way to use the sofia API to
create and run a thread?

Regards.