Hi all,

There is a specification for conformance test of RFC 3261 defined by ETSI (
www.etsi.org): ETSI TS 102 027-2 V4.1.1 Conformance Test Specification for
SIP (IETF RFC
3261)<http://webapp.etsi.org/workprogram/Report_WorkItem.asp?WKI_ID=19800>

I started a job to validate the sofia in accordance with this specification.
And while I tested only the mandatory items that refer to the REGISTER of
the UA.

Below follows the results:

== 5.2 Test Purposes for Registration ==

=== 5.2.1 Registrant ===

==== 5.2.1.1 Valid Behaviour ====

 * SIP_RG_RT_V_001 - OK
 * SIP_RG_RT_V_002 - OK
 * SIP_RG_RT_V_008 - OK
 * SIP_RG_RT_V_009 - OK
 * SIP_RG_RT_V_010 - OK
 * SIP_RG_RT_V_011 - OK

==== 5.2.1.2 Timers ====

 * SIP_RG_RT_TI_001 - OK
 * SIP_RG_RT_TI_002 - OK
 * SIP_RG_RT_TI_003 - OK
 * SIP_RG_RT_TI_004 - OK
 * SIP_RG_RT_TI_005 - ERROR
 * SIP_RG_RT_TI_006 - OK

== 5.5 Test Purposes for Messaging ==

=== 5.5.1 Registrant ===
 * SIP_MG_RT_V_001 - OK
 * SIP_MG_RT_V_002 - OK
 * SIP_MG_RT_V_003 - OK
 * SIP_MG_RT_V_004 - OK
 * SIP_MG_RT_V_005 - OK
 * SIP_MG_RT_V_006 - OK
 * SIP_MG_RT_V_007 - OK

==== 5.5.1.2 Invalid Behaviour ====
 * SIP_MG_RT_I_001 - OK
 * SIP_MG_RT_I_002 - OK
 * SIP_MG_RT_I_003 - ERROR
 * SIP_MG_RT_I_004 - OK
 * SIP_MG_RT_I_005 - OK

The SIP_RG_RT_TI_005 item has not passed the test, but the RFC 3261 does not
define clearly whether the first timer E in the state "proceeding" must be
T1 as ETSI demands.

ETSI:

TPId:    SIP_RG_RT _TI_005
Ref:     RFC 3261 [1] annex A and section 17.1.3.
Purpose: Ensure that the IUT, when a REGISTER client transaction is in the
Proceeding state, repeats its
         REGISTER request after timer E set to T1 value expires.

RFC 3261: (17.1.2.2 Formal Description)

   If Timer F fires while the client transaction is still in the
   "Trying" state, the client transaction SHOULD inform the TU about the
   timeout, and then it SHOULD enter the "Terminated" state.  If a

   provisional response is received while in the "Trying" state, the
   response MUST be passed to the TU, and then the client transaction
   SHOULD move to the "Proceeding" state.  If a final response (status

   codes 200-699) is received while in the "Trying" state, the response
   MUST be passed to the TU, and the client transaction MUST transition
   to the "Completed" state.

   If Timer E fires while in the "Proceeding" state, the request MUST be

   passed to the transport layer for retransmission, and Timer E MUST be
   reset with a value of T2 seconds.  If timer F fires while in the
   "Proceeding" state, the TU MUST be informed of a timeout, and the

   client transaction MUST transition to the terminated state.  If a
   final response (status codes 200-699) is received while in the
   "Proceeding" state, the response MUST be passed to the TU, and the

   client transaction MUST transition to the "Completed" state.

I would like to hear the opinion of you on this item.

The SIP_MG_RT_I_003 item also has no passed the test. The response received
was rejected by sofia.

   SIP/2.0 200 OK
   Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.166.190;rport;branch=z9hG4bKKZHN0XU3S8Kam