On Jul 31, 2009, at 2:23 PM, Jen Chitty wrote:

Hi,

I'm wondering if there's a way to change the IPv4 address that the Sofia stack binds to without having to shutdown and restart the stack. We're using the NUA.

Nope, but would be nice.

Right now, if our device's IPv4 address changes we shutdown the Sofia stack and start it up again. This seems to mostly work, but we are experiencing some race conditions with callbacks from the Sofia event loop thread (running su_root_run) and our application thread, especially with respect to handle destruction. We were hoping that we could just leave the Sofia stack running and tell it to change its IPv4 address.

Another question that I'd like an answer to is this: When shutting down the Sofia stack, are we guaranteed to receive a nua_i_terminated event for every session that hasn't yet been terminated?

That is the intention, if your not, its a bug.

Thanks very much.

--JT

J. T. Chitty, Chief Software Engineer
VTech Technologies Canada, Ltd.