I have been working in the same project and, in this case, we are using release
1.12.10. After trying a lot of combinations of SOATAGS and NUTAGS, we decided
to change the sofia source code because of the high priority of the solution of
this problem for us.
In this case, we found in soa_static.c, in function offer_answer_step() the
point where sofia compares the media counters of remote and local sdp, and
updates the local sdp provided by the application. At this point, we commented
out the call of soa_sdp_expand_media and the problem was solved.
Below is the changed code (soa_static.c / line 1136)
  case generate_answer:
  case process_answer:
    if (sdp_media_count(remote, sdp_media_any, "*", 0, 0) <
    sdp_media_count(local, sdp_media_any, "*", 0, 0)) {
      SU_DEBUG_5(("%s: remote %s is truncated: expanding\n",
          by, action == generate_answer ? "offer" : "answer"));
      // remote = soa_sdp_expand_media(tmphome, remote, local); // I commented
out this line !!!
      if (remote == NULL)
    return soa_set_status(ss, 500, "Cannot expand remote session");
It seems to us that sofia should not add another media line in this case,
because the call was established only with audio and changed to image after
receiving an incoming re-Invite from remote. The initial offer we provide has
two media lines (audio and image), but the remote chose only audio. Is there
any way to disable this behaviour ?

Thanks in advance.
Daniel Eli.