Hi,

2011/4/11 Manuel Argüelles <manuel.arguel...@gmail.com>:
>> On client side, stack calls the ordinary response callback on client
>> transaction. If the request method is INVITE and the response status
>> is >= 300 (and the response is not internally generated), you know
>> that stack will automatically send an ACK.
>>
>> Do you want to have indication when a retransmitted error response is
>> received?
>
> Yes, I'm on the server side, what I will like is for the program (using sofia
> sip) to realize when it receives the 486 from a client.

Technically, transction-wise Client sends method requests, like INVITE
and ACK and Server is the party that sends the response messages, like
200 or 486. Most SIP applications are both clients and servers, like
user-agents and proxies.

Here is a good introduction to SIP

http://www.iptel.org/sip/intro

and if you still wonder why you don't get the indications you want,
please read RFC 3261, especially sections 4, 5 and 17:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3261

Pekka.Pessi mail at nokia.com