Hi,

2011/4/20 Olivier Deme <od...@druidsoftware.com>

> I am trying to send a SIP MESSAGE through a SIP proxy with authentication
> turned on.
> It doesn't work because after receiving a 407 proxy authentication
> required, our application calls nua_authenticate and this results in SOFIA
> re-sending the SIP MESSAGE with credentials but a different Call-ID and from
> tag.
> The proxy then generates another 407 because it expects the second MESSAGE
> with authentication response information to have the same Call-ID.
>
> Is there a way to ensure sofia uses the same Call-ID?
> It seems to do that properly during authentication of a SIP INVITE or SIP
> REGISTER.

It is possible to circumvent the problem by generating the Call-Id in the
application and adding that as SIPTAG_CALL_ID() parameter to nua_message().

However, there is a problem in nta that it does not always generate a new
CSeq if such a request is retransmitted. I pushed today a fix to Gitorious
that tries to circumvent that problem.

Pekka.Pessi mail at nokia.com