--- In [email protected], "i2phd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- In [email protected], "trgkrazytrev" 
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Ok laugh at me but i am a complete novice at this, Im building a 
> > software radio for my final year project at university.  
> > I have just build the front end that alberto shows in his 
> > photos and i was wondering how do I tune into a desirred 
> > frequency for example 97.4MHz on fm
> 
>  Dear ??? (what's your name?)
> 
>   there are a few considerations that must be done. What I did put 
on
> the pseudo-schematic is just that, a pseudo-schematic. Not all of 
the
> connections are shown, e.g. the 74HC74 lacks some wiring between 
some
> pins. My intent was just that of giving an idea of how my circuit
> worked, not that of providing a detailed set of instructions
> sufficient to replicate it.
> 
> A second point is that probably the components I used are not 
adequate
> for a frequency of 97 MHz. I don't have in this moment handy the
> characteristics of the ADG704 (the analog demultiplexers used for 
the
> Tayloe QSD), but probably their switching time leaves something to 
be
> desired for that frequency.
> 
> Thirdly, an FM signal at 97.4 MHz has, with all probability, a wide
> deviation, more than 100 kHz. The SDRadio FM demodulator is meant 
for
> narrow FM, a few kHz, as used by radioamateurs.
> 
> I would suggest you to give a look to another software defined 
radio
> project present on Internet, namely gnuradio, found at
> http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuradio/
> They have developed demodulators for a lot of modulation schemes, 
even
> HDTV ! They sell also an hardware board that works with their
> software, which, BTW, is Linux based (which can be a cursing or a
> blessing, depending on your preferences...)
> 
> 73  Alberto  I2PHD
> 
> P.S. I will be away from having Internet access for a couple of 
days,
> so there is the possibility that a few messages will wait for 
approval
> and not show immediately



I doubt I have made a very big mistake then in my project, however 
since I already have all the part required to build your circuit I 
will just change the frequency that I wish to look at, to something 
more appropriate, so I still would be interested in finding out how 
to tune into a frequency and also if at all possible what 
connections are missing in your circuit in order to make it work.

Thanks Trevor





 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soft_radio/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to