I often wondered why you couldn't use a 1x VCO and phase detctor.

IE DDS 50-60Mhz out VCO 50-60MHZ both phase detectors 50-60mhz in.
Hopefully the loop filter would kill the spurs.

I have not found high speed phase/freq detectors however.

Anyone have an opinion on how well this might work to kill the spurs?


--- In [email protected], KY1K <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Has any amateur ever done a DDS in conjunction with a PLL to clean up 
> spurs? I hear chatter about it working well if the PLL is designed 
> properly, but have never run across any real life examples of the 2 
> technologies rolled into one.
> 
> I understand the DDS has advantages, especially in it's ability to 
> change frequency quickly. But, if rapid qsy's are not needed, I would 
> think a PLL with a slow response time in the filter would be as good 
> or better with respect to spectral purity than any DDS available today.
> 
> Appreciate any pointers to web resources discussing this topic.
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> 
> Art
>







 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soft_radio/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to