Talking about adopting SI... I know couple different studios that would
solve like a LOT of their production problems and speed up production and
got higher quality with SI.
What is happening is that they were small to mid studios that
were struggling a lot with Maya without proper tech people to back it up,
and SI as way better out of the box solution, in my opinion would get them
covered in a lot of areas that I saw them struggling in.
But people are just blind or what and keep pushing Maya probably
mostly because that is what big studios are using or some similar logic :)
This was probably a bit OT but still kinda shows major perspective of
Softimage.. wrong and distorted but adopted as a fact.