Some handy basic topics I'd recommend you tried to cover:

- Understanding how to debug data. Learn to use "Show Values".
- Remembering about ICE "optimizations", such as "if you don't use a custom attribute, it doesn't really exist for reals, yo" -- unless maybe you freeze your cloud.
- States and machines!
- Understanding context to some extent; realising that if you put your cursor on top of a plug/input it will hint you the context it wants to be.
- How to manipulate arrays, merge arrays and select from them.
- Using Filter nodes.
- Understanding the difference between an array and a set.
- Understanding what a location is, knowing that it sticks to geo really well automagically, how to use built-in ones (like self.NodeLocation) vs creating them with lookups, that Raycast is faster than Get Closest Location and realising that locations are the solution to most of the context woes. - Simulation substeps and why you might need to increase them for some simulations.