Am I the only one that likes to use the mouse "device driver" to "*mocap*"
the X,Y of the mouse to the X,Y of a virtual camera?

*If you hold a hard mousepad or cardboard vertical in front of a surface or
your other hand and hold the mouse like a small camera, your natural human
shakiness will *translate* (pun intended) over to the virtual one. *Docs
don't have much about usage but...

It basically goes like this:

   1. In the Animate module, go to Tools, Devices->Manage Device Drivers.

   2. Click Add and pick the Mouse driver.
   (By default it will set x, y to posx and posy of the "current" object.
   You can see this in the Target column. You can leave it like so or specify
   the path to the parameter to be driven.)

   3. Make a null or camera and click "Device Manager Active" and then
   "Active" in the Mouse driver ppg; the object will now be driven by the
   mouse.

   4. Press the Start button and quickly hold your mousepad vertical and
   the mouse like a camera gently against it.

   5. When done, press the down arrow to stop and then uncheck "Device
   Manager Active". Don't forget to turn off Autokey mode.
   (Unchecking "Device Manager Active" will delete the Mouse PPG and
   settings. If you want to reuse them, just turn off "Active" in the Mouse
   PPG.)

   If you did the animation on a camera directly by affecting its position
   you get the shake plus the bonus of being able to aim with the
   Camera_Interest null still.

On that note, here's a fun project idea for anyone with electronics chops:
Use an Arduino to make a faux HID (Human Interface Device) that turns
gyroscope sensor data into raw mouse motions. It's totally possible. Maybe
someday I get the hang of the Arduino and do it myself. I'm a total noob
with it.

Another way to make "real" camera shake:
1. Draw a + sign in black on a whiteboard.
2. Film it with your phone. Be relaxed and let the natural shakiness happen.
3. Track the cross in the FXtree with the 2D point tracker.
4. Use expressions to read the tracked data into a null or camera's posx
and posy.
5. Rejoice! ;)

Just my $0.04.
Cheers,

   -- Alan

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 6:41 AM, Anthony Martin <
anthonymarti...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Here it is. Just change the .txt to .vbs
>
> Instructions:
>
> Animate your camera. Select your camera (not the root or the interest, the
> actual camera) and run the script. Then just play with the sliders.
>

> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 11:32 AM, adrian wyer
> <adrian.w...@fluid-pictures.com> wrote:
>>
>> feel free to throw it online Anthony

>> Adrian Wyer
>> Fluid Pictures
>> 75-77 Margaret St.
>> London
>> W1W 8SY
>> ++44(0) 207 580 0829
>>

>> adrian.w...@fluid-pictures.com
>>
>> www.fluid-pictures.com
>>

>> Fluid Pictures Limited is registered in England and Wales.
>> Company number:5657815
>> VAT number: 872 6893 71

Martin