Hi Enrique,

You can still (as suggested by Stefan) subscribe to the siOnValueChanged
which will give you back a reference to the parameter to retrieve its new
value.
A good option would be to implement a custom engine.
You can imagine a mechanism implemented in your main SynopticWidget which
will be responsible to catch the xsi parameters bound to your sliders
(acting like a mapping).
For convenience, you should also implement a custom slider widget ala
softimage reproducing the main signals/slots of the existing QSlider.
Then a good API to bind/add a slider to a xsi parameter could be something
like "mysynoptic.addSlider("mysiobject.kine.posx")", behind the scenes
everything would be handled by your custom synoptic ....
If you're worried by the performances especially with python, you still
have the option to implement everything in cplusplus which should be faster
in communicating with qt widgets and create a command to add xsi parameters
you synoptic. Considering the type of the parameter (string, float,
whatever), your engine would be capable of install and bind the right
widget.

xsiparameters

  handle by (siOnValueChanged)

SynopticWidget   ---- contains and bind to xsi parameters ---->
SynopticSlider
                          ---- contains and bind to xsi parameters ---->
SynopticController (why not to recreate a facial panel, its just 2d
graphics ...)
                          ---- contains and bind to xsi parameters ---->

-jo